Did you know the liquid in glow sticks or glow jewelry can poison your cat or dog? Most pet owners know chocolate can poison a dog or cat, but did you know that a tablespoon of alcohol is enough to put an adult cat in a coma? Alcohol is poisonous for dogs, too. Many things around the house are toxic to pets.
To prevent accidental poisoning, be prepared. Below are three steps you can take to help keep your pet from being poisoned in your home.
- Know what can poison your pet and take action. Start by visiting Pet Poison Helpline to learn how to poison-proof your home.
- Have a pet first-aid kit ready for emergencies. Click here to see what to include.
- Know the signs of poisoning, including, but not limited to, vomiting, diarrhea, drooling, and more…
For more information, talk to your Heal House Call Veterinarian or find more resources at petpoisonhelpline.com.